ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject Is there a way to turn off ant's dependency checking?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 18:06:23 GMT
How do I turn off Ant's dependency checking, so that I can use the
compiler's built in dependency checking?  I mean if my compiler task has a
dependency on my empty-destination task, I want to compile everything.  So
why would I need Ant's dependency checking?

For example, if parts of my build.xml looks like this:

	<task name="init">
		<property name="dest" value="d:\output"/>
		<deltree dir="${dest}"/>
		<mkdir dir="${dest}/>
	</task>

	<task name="compile" depends="init">
		<javac destdir="${dest}" ....  >
			<include name="**/*.java/>
			<exclude name="tps/**"/>
		</javac>
	</task>

I basically was the Ant system to make a list of files to compile, but not
worry about if they're up to date.

Is there a way to do this?

-----
Jay Dickon Glanville
P068 - SiteManager Development, Nortel Networks
613-765-1144 (ESN 395-1144)
MS: 045/55/A05
E-Mail: dickon@nortelnetworks.com