ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Rose <m...@gforce.com>
Subject Re: GUI tool for writing/creating ant makefiles?
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:55:12 GMT
Chris Todd wrote:

> Xeena is a great way to create XML files in a sort of drag-n-drop GUI, but
> it requires that there be a DTD to work from, and there isn't a DTD for ant
> makefiles.

Chris,

There is a DTD available for Ant build scripts--the base tasks--that's
referenced in the FAQ. If you can't find the URL, let me know.

(I have mixed feelings about Xeena. It's good, but not for our XML
stuff, since it becomes unusable after you get a few hundred elements in
the XML file. It also takes forever to parse a large DTD. All-in-all a
good tool, but only good for small/medium sized projects.)

Mark
--
Mark Rose                     gForce
408.213.2211                  Enterprise eLearning Solutions

                              http://www.gforce.com