ant-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <Jesse.Gl...@netbeans.com>
Subject Re: FW: Can ant-projects be included in other ant-projects.
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:53:28 GMT
"Frank O. Laus" wrote:
> [snip]
> As I wrote, I *do* use the ant task (and I read the docs of course). My
> problem is that you need a list of subprojects and that you cannot write
> something like: 'process all buildfiles you can find in directory dir'.
> This would mean that you could write a main buildfile and add buildfiles
> for the modules without changing the main buildfile.

No, it just means you need to either use the scripting extension and
write a few lines in your preferred scripting language, or if you don't
like scripting or simply want more precise control, make a special task
to do this. The project I work on does something similar and it works
fine, for example:

http://www.netbeans.org/source/browse/~checkout~/nbbuild/antsrc/org/netbeans/nbbuild/CleanAll.java

In this case I would just as happily hardcode the list and keep it
simple, except it can change depending on which project configuration is
in use so it must be dynamic.

-Jesse

--
Jesse Glick   <mailto:Jesse.Glick@netbeans.com>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR