ant-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <Jesse.Gl...@netbeans.com>
Subject Re: Excec question
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 13:42:51 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>  DO> <exec dir="${src}" command="dir" os="windows" output="dir.txt" />
>
>  DO> Where is supposed to be the output?
>
> ${basedir}/dir.txt. Relative filenames should always be considered
> relative to the project's basedir.
>
> There have been some places in Ant 1.1 where this was not the case
> (they were taken relative to the directory you had invoked Ant from).

Isn't this still the case for Exec.output attribute? I use 1.1 and know
it is broken there, but it does not look like the current version fixes
it.

    public void setOutput(String out) {
        this.out = out;
    }
            if( out!=null )  {
                fos=new PrintWriter( new FileWriter( out ) );
                log("Output redirected to " + out, Project.MSG_VERBOSE);
            }

Presumably 'out' should be a File.

-Jesse

--
Jesse Glick   <mailto:Jesse.Glick@netbeans.com>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR