ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Clueless, FAQ-less newbie flails helplessly
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2000 01:17:19 GMT
At 04:08  25/8/00 -0500, you wrote:

>	http://freenet.sourceforge.net/

kewl - project for a number of different reasons :P

>Step one is the FAQ, but that's where I got stuck.  I tried to open
>the Ant FAQ page, but got slapped away with an error (no, not just a
>404, it was something serious).  As instructed by the error message,
>I sent off an e-mail to the appropriate person about it.  I've no
>idea how long it will take to get it fixed, however, so I decided to
>hit this list.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayTopics/action/SetAl
l/project_id/2/faq_id/16

works now for me. Was this the URL you tried ?

>Bottom line: does someone know of another place to find the FAQ and
>any other documentation about Ant & how to use it?  Any other
>suggested readings?  I'd like to avoid spamming the list with even
>more newbie flailing.  :-)

well there is a bit of documentation in nightly downloads and I would start
there. Another great place to look is at the various other build.xml's for
apache projects. This is one I maintain and think is reasonably clear to
read (except for documentation part).

http://www.working-dogs.com/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/framework/build.xml?
rev=1.43&content-type=text/plain
Cheers,