ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Including other antfiles
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:56:19 GMT
At 08:31  11/8/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Even issues such as loops, switch etc shouldn't be dismissed
>right away. For example loops: In the most programming form, loops seems
>too makish and constrary to Ant's direction. However, one could argue that
>we don't really want a loop per sue, but we want the ability to traverse a
>list of values and execute the same task for each value defined in the
>list. Ant (like it or not) is a replacement for make to compile java
>projects.

lists = expanded loops which means procedural ordered code == Path to
damnation. Remember the road to make was paved with good intentions :P

If you really want loops, tests etc - what you are looking for is the
script task - it provides for all your programming wants in what ever
scripting language you want whether it be javascript, python, tcl, etc

Cheers,

Pete