ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Mawson <jeremy.maw...@qsipayments.com>
Subject I cannot use the cvs tag. Why?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi

I have not been able to use the CVS tag. After double-checking the Ant
installation guide I can't find anything that I may have misconfigured. Can
someone help me decipher why I am getting this problem?

Specifically, the tag:

        <cvs dest="${FOOBAR_BUILD_DIR}" cvsRoot="${CVS_ROOT}"
package="FooBar" />

Results in:

[cvs]c:\util\ant/bin/antRun c:\tmp cvs -d :local:v: checkout FooBar
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: c:\util\ant/bin/antRun c:\tmp cvs -d
:local:v: checkout FooBar error=2
        at java.lang.Win32Process.create(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Win32Process.<init>(Win32Process.java:66)
        at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:551)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:418)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:361)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:325)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Cvs.execute(Cvs.java:86)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:471)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:370)
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Error checking out: FooBar

However, if I cut, paste and execute the command:

	c:\util\ant/bin/antRun c:\tmp cvs -d :local:v: checkout FooBar

The checkout proceeds as expected.

ANT_HOME is set
JAVA_HOME is correct
PATH includes %ANT_HOME%\bin
Ant is invoked with java -Dant.home=c:\util\ant org.apache.tools.ant.Main
checkoutFooBar
${FOOBAR_BUILD_DIR} resolves correctly
${CVS_ROOT} resolves correctly
I am running NT 4, SP 6.
Ant version is 1.1.
Java version 1.3 and 1.2.2 tested (fails identically with either).

Is it possible that the problem I am seeing is because from the command
prompt "antRun" is interpreted correctly as "antRun.bat", but from within
the JVM "antRun" (the shell script) is found instead? Hmm, maybe not. Any
advice?

Thanks.
Jeremy Mawson