ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject RE: setting properties from a User defined Task.
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2000 12:43:05 GMT
At 08:27  7/8/00 -0400, you wrote:
>What am I missing here?  Or is this a "bug/feature"?

Both :P - depending on your perspective :P. Ant replaces ${} at parse time
not at task execution time. This is going to change to be done at execution
time in the future.

Basically what that means is that when file is originally parsed the
${Classpath} is expanded then beofre any tasks are executed. Hence the
behaviour.

Cheers,

Pete