ant-user mailing list archives

From <quikdr...@usa.net>
Subject Re: Deploying EJB's with Ant
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:28:30 GMT
"Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au> wrote:

> The 1.1 release of ant has a problem in its detection of the Win2K
platform.
> This has been fixed in CVS. You may want to try the latest nightly build.

Conor,

I just tried the nightly build; 'ant -version' prints:
'Ant version 1.2alpha compiled on August 22 2000'. Alas,
I get the same exception.

I did add the 'os' attribute per your suggestion above so
that my build.xml file is now:
   <target name="deploy" depends="tell" if="src.root">
      <exec dir="${basedir}"
            command="${j2ee.home}/bin/deploytool -listApps ${src.host}"
            os="windows"
            output="dir.txt" />
   </target>

And Ant reports the following:
Buildfile: build.xml
     [exec] The command attribute is deprecated. Please use the executable
attribute and nested arg elements.

Since I just installed last night's build (Aug 22 2000), could
someone more familiar with the XML format of this attribute
change suggest an example or two of the new format? I checked
the javadoc, but didn't find it.

Thanks, Derek
quikdraw@metronet.com

quikdraw7@usa.net