ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chris McFarland" <cmcfarl...@austin.rr.com>
Subject Re: compile problems
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 00:32:57 GMT
Donald,

You wrote:
> It looks like you are using a really old version of
> Ant. Modern compile was simply an empty method back then -
> hence you need to upgrade Ant or else change from modern
> compiling to classic compiling. BTW where did you get that
> versioj of Ant ???

Yes, you're right. My build.bat file was pointing to ant.jar in my
%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib directory. So, apparently that's the ant binary delivered
with Tomcat when I downloaded it back around April of this year.

I am still having some minor problem that I will try to work through. These
problems all seem to be related to using ANT according to the Tomcat
documentation. I will switch over to the ANT documentation now and hopefully
avoid these.

Thanks for your help,
Chris McFarland