ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chris McFarland" <cmcfarl...@mainstreetnetworks.com>
Subject compile problems
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:54:56 GMT
I am unable to access the FAQ, so apologies if this question is answered there. I am having
problems w/ the ANT compile task.

I am using Tomcat as my standalone web server and have set up both my source and build directory
structures exactly as recommended in the Tomcat docs to take advantage of ANT.  As recommended,
I set up a build.bat file to run ANT, again as recommended in Tomcat.

All ANT tasks work except no class files end up in my WEB-INF\classes directory after the
compile task runs. I have confirmed, however, that compile correctly copies non-java files
from one of my source packages into the appropriate build package under the classes directory.
When I run with -verbose, these are the final 7 lines printed:

   Build sequence for target `compile' is [prepare, compile]
   Complete build sequence is [prepare, compile, javadoc, clean, all, dist]
   Executing Target: prepare
   Executing Target: compile
   Compiling 85 source files to E:\apps\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\oes\WEB-INF\classes
   Performing a Modern Compile
   Completed in 1 seconds

I looked in the ANT Javac class source code and the doModernCompile() method should print
several messages after this, the next one being a printout of the compilation args.

I am using jdk 1.3.0 and my entire project compiles fine in JBuilder, but I want to do it
successfully using ANT. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris McFarland, cmcfarland@austin.rr.com