ant-user mailing list archives

From "Yun Sang Jung" <>
Subject How to use jike for java compiler
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:10:47 GMT
width="1" height="1">
Hi.. ant users..
I just subscribed this mailing list.

Is there ant archive on this mailing list?
If yes, please tell me URL to pre-search the archive first!

I could not use jikes instead of modern compiler.
If there is a fault in my step, please tell me the right way to use it.

My Environment =========================
Windows 2000 professional
JDK 1.3 from SUN
Tomcat 3.2 beta 2
Jakarta struts
Jakarta ant Nightly build (maybe over 1.1)

My Step =================================
0.I downloaded jikes106 from IBM
1.unzip jikes and copy jikes.exe to %JAVA_HOME%\bin(this directory is already in PATH)
2.I set JIKESPATH to point rt.jar in %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\rt.jar
3.I added <property name="build.compiler" value="jikes"/> to build.xml file in tomcat
to use jikes.
Then I tried build script my web-application. Too many error message appears.

one of messages is ==============================================
    [javac] *** Error: Type com/navidad/msg/server/LUMS was not found.

This classe is not located in my system CLASSPATH. But this file has been
dynamically generated my source file after compilation and  located at

I tried and tried to run build script although error message. (3rd times)
Then, there is no compilation error and all of my classes are compiled completely at last
running build script.

below code is a part of my build.xml file===========================
  <target name="compile" depends="prepare">
    <javac srcdir="src" destdir="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"
           debug="on" optimize="off" deprecation="off"/>

When I use modern compiler, that is good. There is no error message and
all of my class file are perfectly generated. But I semi(?)-failed, when I uses Jike
instead of modern compiler.

Any Idea?

新,나는 웹메일, 신나는 이메일! <br>
채널아이메일 <A href=""></A><br>