ant-user mailing list archives

From "Cory Wandling" <c...@ObjectDynamics.com>
Subject Re: Using if/unless within a target
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 20:51:13 GMT
Using if/unless within a targetDon't put the ${} around the property.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bohnet, Ralph
  To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 3:37 PM
  Subject: Using if/unless within a target

  I am trying to use "if" within a target tag, and the documentation indicates that if the
property is set, the target will be executed.  The small buildfile below indicates that this
is not the case.  When I execute this buildfile, I would expect to see: "executing test1",
instead I don't see any echo messages.  Likewise, if I replace the "if" with "unless", I see
both echo messages.

  Have I set this up incorrectly?  When I turn on verbose, I see the message that "string.present"
is set to true.
  This behavior seems buggy and contrary to the documentation.

  I am using the release version 1.1, and have also tried it with last night's build (08/09)
with the same result.

  Ralph Bohnet

  ------
  <project name="testConditions" default="all" >
    <target name="check_for_depend" >
      <available property="string.present" classname="java.lang.String" />
      <available property="not.present" classname="foo" />
    </target>

    <target name="test1" depends="check_for_depend" if="${string.present}">
      <echo message="executing test1"/>
    </target>

    <target name="test2" depends="check_for_depend" if="${not.present}">
      <echo message="executing test2"/>
    </target>

    <target name="all" depends="test1,test2" />
  </project>
  --------