ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scotte Zinn" <sz...@patronix.com>
Subject Ant bug???
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2000 14:32:21 GMT
I've just started using Ant and have two targets in my Build.xml.

    <target name="DebugLib.javadocs">
        <filter token="DEBUG_FLAG" value="true"/>
        <copydir src="${src.dir}/DebugLib"
                 dest="${build.src}/javadoc"
                 filtering="on">
            <include name="**"/>
            <exclude name="**/Build.xml"/>
        </copydir>
    </target>

    <target name="copy">
        <filter token="DEBUG_FLAG" value="${debug.flag}"/>
        <copydir src="${src.dir}/DebugLib"
                 dest="${build.src}/${basename}"
                 filtering="on">
            <include name="**"/>
        </copydir>
    </target>

When I do a build for compile, the copy target is to be executed and the
copydir task does the right thing with the filter substitution.  When I do a
build for javadocs, the copydir task does not do the right thing.  The
DEBUG_FLAG token gets replaced with ${debug.flag} independent of the
debug.flag property.

Here is the output of relevant portion of the command 'ant -verbose
javadocs'.  Note that the filter command does not seem to be kept local to
the target.

Is this a bug?  If so, how do I report it so that it gets fixed? (Or is this
email considered reporting it?)

-- Scotte

Project base dir set to: E:\Dev\projects\Java
 +Target: main
   +Task: ant
 +Target: clean
   +Task: ant
 +Target: DebugLib.clean
   +Task: deltree
   +Task: deltree
   +Task: delete
   +Task: deltree
   +Task: deltree
   +Task: delete
 +Target: DebugLib.javadocs
   +Task: filter
Setting token to filter: DEBUG_FLAG -> true
   +Task: copydir
 +Target: DebugLib
   +Task: copyfile
 +Target: ReleaseLib
 +Target: jar
   +Task: jar
 +Target: compile
   +Task: mkdir
   +Task: javac
 +Target: copy
   +Task: filter
Setting token to filter: DEBUG_FLAG -> ${debug.flag}
   +Task: copydir
Build sequence for target `DebugLib.javadocs' is [DebugLib.javadocs]
Complete build sequence is [DebugLib.javadocs, copy, DebugLib.clean,
compile, jar, main, DebugLib, clean, ReleaseLib]
  [copydir] Copying 2 files to E:\Dev\projects\Java\build\src\javadoc
Copy: E:\Dev\projects\Java\src\DebugLib\com\patronix\debug\Assert.java >
E:\Dev\projects\Java\build\src\javadoc\com\patronix\debug\Assert.java
Replacing: @DEBUG_FLAG@ -> ${debug.flag}
Copy: E:\Dev\projects\Java\src\DebugLib\com\patronix\debug\package.html >
E:\Dev\projects\Java\build\src\javadoc\com\patronix\debug\package.html
Copy: E:\Dev\projects\Java\src\Overview.html >
E:\Dev\projects\Java\build\src\javadoc\Overview.html
  [javadoc] Generating Javadoc