ant-user mailing list archives

From "jeroen" <15082...@student.eur.nl>
Subject Re: Basic problem using ANT
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 06:46:59 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Burgett" <HowardB@dataonair.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 2:51 PM
Subject: RE: Basic problem using ANT

> I tried using your suggestion, but the ant version I'm using (version 1.1
> release) apparently doesn't support the <classpath> task.  Is there a new
> version I should use, or has it been deprecated?

Here's a piece of the Ant's documentation:

  <javac srcdir="${src}"
         destdir="${build}"
         classpath="xyz.jar"
         debug="on"
  />

and:

Javac's srcdir, classpath, bootclasspath and extdirs attributes are PATH
like structure and can also be set via nested src, classpath, bootclasspath
and extdirs elements respectively.

Look for the bit about "PATH like structure" there you can find examples
howto nest <classpath> (it is not a task itself) in the javac task.

Jeroen