ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: exclude files
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 06:37:34 GMT

 RL> Does anyone know if it is possible to have a per-directory
 RL> exclude file?

No, you can't. You can have a single exclude file outside of the
build file and any number of exclude patterns inside the build file
itself.

Is this (multiple include/exclude files) a feature that would be
needed by others as well?

Personally I prefer to control my build process in one place and don't
want to hunt down several files to see why something has been left
out.

You can emulate something like you describe easily with a shell/batch
job outside of Ant that hunts down the directory structure and
concatenates all exclude files it finds - feeding the result to Ant.

Stefan