ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: newbie - dependency question
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:19:53 GMT

 JR> So, when compiling files in a subpackage, it seems that the only
 JR> thing that makes sense for ANT is to have srcdir and destdir be
 JR> the roots of your source and compiled trees.

Yes.

 JR> Then, if you are just trying to compile that module, you have to
 JR> put the path to all your <include> statements in the javac
 JR> command:

Hmm, would a single include be enough?

<include name="/com/jnana/alert/*.java" />

 JR> Of course; doing this means that ANT scans *all* subdirectories.
 JR> And all of a sudden the performance benefit I had been hoping for
 JR> is shot.

I've never seen the directory scan as a performance bottleneck in my
builds, but maybe your source trees are a lot larger than mine.

What you could do is build a separate dir structure for each build you
want to add. Something like src/module_a/, src/module_a/.

Stefan