ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: newbie - dependency question
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:47:13 GMT

 JR> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

 >>  What you could do is build a separate dir structure for each
 >> build you want to add. Something like src/module_a/,
 >> src/module_a/.

 JR> Ouch.  That just feels really kludgy to me.

Sure, it is.

 JR> One other tidbit.  One wants to be able to have a quick compile
 JR> and test for their module when working on it.  One shouldn't have
 JR> to deal with the entire project when just working on a module.

Well you don't have to. Other than scanning the directories of the
other modules and excluding everything you don't need - which doesn't
even need to be done explicitly.

So if I get all this right: if Ant would scan com/jnana/alert but not
bother with com/jnana/dialog (given you are working on
com/jnana/alert), you'd be happy. Right?

Stefan