ant-user mailing list archives

From "Braden N. McDaniel" <bnmcdan...@learningsoft.net>
Subject RE: XML entity question
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:19:07 GMT
On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Dino Valente wrote:

> At 05:33 PM 7/27/00 -0400, you wrote:

> >[snip]

> file:///../build.template

> >> What do you mean? Not use "file:"?
> >
> >I mean don't use it with a relative URL. Its presence implies that the URL
> >is absolute, and in that context '.' and '..' can't be used to walk the
> >hierarchy.
>
> Then how does one include files (absolute URL is not really acceptable:
> imagine if you were forced to specify the basedir as an absolute path in
> the build files!).

Well, the relative URL (without the scheme) *ought* to work. The fact that
it doesn't suggests that someone (the Sun parser, I think you said?) isn't
handling URLs correctly.

If absolute URLs aren't acceptable to you, perhaps you can find another
URL processing bug that you could exploit to get the software to accept a
malformed URL. This, obviously, is volatile as a future release may fix
the bug you depend on. It might be workable as an interim solution,
though.

Braden