ant-user mailing list archives

From Marc Gemis <marc.gemis...@belgium.agfa.com>
Subject Problem with build files in several directories
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:32:08 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using ant 1.1 on Windows 2000

I have a directory called 'Project' with a subdirectory called '1.0'
I have a build.xml files in both directories, call them project.xml and
one.xml respectively

When I try to call the one.xml from project.xml I encounter several problems
(all related)

I have
   <target name="test">
     <ant antfile="1.0/one.xml" dir="1.0"/>
   </target>

in my project.xml file.

now, when executing the targets in one.xml, the directories where the
commands are executed are different.

<mkdir> works fine (iff I have the antfile described as above
                    <ant antfile="1.0/one.xml" />
              nor   <ant antfile="one.xml" dir="1.0" /> seems to work)

however,
<available> still thinks it is in the Project directory (instead of 1.0).
<ant> has the same problem.

I could easily solve this problem, but I will no longer be able to use the
one.xml directly (from within directory 1.0).

Is this a known problem (FAQ doesn't mention it) ?

I guess I just move one.xml to the Project directory for now, and hope for a
bug fix (is this a bug or my mistake?).

regards

Marc