ant-user mailing list archives

From Jason Boehle <jboe...@tidestone.com>
Subject RE: Xerces
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:10:47 GMT
With 1.1.2, Xerces has a JAXP compatibility layer.  I don't know why it
wouldn't be working for you, here are my relevant settings:

ANT_HOME=c:\java\ant
CLASSPATH=.;t:\lib\xerces.jar
JAVA_HOME=c:\java\jdk1.3

Worked fine with both Xerces-J 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 for me.  Make sure you don't
have jaxp.jar or parser.jar laying around somewhere Ant could find it.

Jason Boehle
jboehle@tidestone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Dino Valente [mailto:dino@3dstockcharts.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2000 10:01 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Xerces

I grabbed the latest binaries from the ant site and I added xerces.jar to
the classpath (what is your classpath exactly?). However, the sun parser is
being referenced:

javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
com.sun.xml.parser.SAXParserFactoryImpl
        at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:84)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.getParserFactory(ProjectHelper.java:498)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.parse(ProjectHelper.java:100)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:84)

Do I have to recompile the ant code with xerces and if so how (I know the
JDOM distribution all I needed in the CLASSPATH is ant.jar and xerces.jar)?

dino