ant-user mailing list archives

From Joel Riedesel <jried...@jnana.com>
Subject newbie - dependency question
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2000 20:03:00 GMT

We've got a fairly straightforward build process where
optional modules are all in their own directories (and
own java packages).

So, in one module, I might have a build target like this
(forgive me if I'm being verbose):
  <target name="dev">

    <javac srcdir="."
           destdir="${codebase}"
           classpath="${classpath}">
      <include name="AlertMain.java"/>
      <include name="Alert.java"/>
      <include name="ActionEvent.java"/>
      <include name="AlertFireEvent.java"/>
      <include name="AlertData.java"/>
      <include name="RemoteAlertData.java"/>
      <include name="LAlert.java"/>
      <include name="AlertEditor.java"/>
      <include name="AlertSetNode.java"/>
      <include name="AlertNode.java"/>
    </javac>

    <copydir src="." dest="${codebase}/com/jnana/alert"
             includes="*.gif,alerts.xml"/>

  </target>

This happens to be in the java package:  com.jnana.alert
And my codebase is then some path:  c:\foo\codebase
Thus, when java compiles Alert.java, it gets compiled to
c:\foo\codebase\com\jnana\alert\Alert.class
since I am using a different dest dir than source dir.

But, everytime I run Ant from this directory, it recompiles
everything; obviously because it doesn't find Alert.class directly
in the destination directory - it doesn't seem to use the
necessary java package name to know this.

I'm sure there must be a way to do this right, and I probably
just don't know what it is.

Would anyone please suggest how to do this?

Thanks,

Joel

--
Joel Riedesel