ant-user mailing list archives

From Mathew Thomas <mtho...@piranhabyte.com>
Subject bootstrap.sh
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:22:15 GMT
I'm trying to install ant for the first time on SuSe Linux 6.4, JDK
1.2.2(Blackdown).  When I run bootstrap.sh, I receive the following
message(s).   Any help will be appreciated!
Mathew

mthomas@earth1:~/devel/jakarta-ant > ./bootstrap.sh
:/lib/classes.zip:/lib/tools.jar:lib/xml.jar:src/main:classes
src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Javac.java:420: Class
sun.tools.javac.Main not found.
        sun.tools.javac.Main compiler =
                       ^
src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Javac.java:421: Class
sun.tools.javac.Main not found.
            new sun.tools.javac.Main(jos, "javac");
                               ^
src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Rmic.java:130: Class
sun.rmi.rmic.Main not found.
        sun.rmi.rmic.Main compiler = new sun.rmi.rmic.Main(System.out,
"rmic");
                    ^
src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Rmic.java:130: Class
sun.rmi.rmic.Main not found.
        sun.rmi.rmic.Main compiler = new sun.rmi.rmic.Main(System.out,
"rmic");
                                                     ^
4 errors
Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: /home/mthomas/devel/jakarta-ant
BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Could not create task of type: javac because I can't
find it in the list of task class definitions
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Could not create task of type:
javac because I can't find it in the list of task class definitions
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.createTask(Project.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTasks(ProjectHelper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java, Compiled Code)