ant-user mailing list archives

From Dino Valente <d...@3dstockcharts.com>
Subject Re: Problems with subbuild
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:56:39 GMT
I'm having a lot of problems using subbuilds where I'm trying to share the
same xml code with all builds. I have about 15 different projects each can
be compile separately. Each build.xml rules are exactly the same. The only
difference is the name of the jar file. How do I do this? Remember each
project can be compiled separately and I have a super build file to compile
all of my projects.

Anyhow, it seems countertuitive that the property is propagated if you
define it outside the <ant> block. Look at my example (test2.xml), the
property is set within the "package" target:- it is not even set as a
global property! The workaround below should be the solution if you want to
override the default value in the subbuild (just like the property
arguments to the Ant application).

I really like to use the latest version since it fixes relative file
problems with subbuilds being in subdirectories.

dino