ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: New user with cyclic dependencies
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 06:01:30 GMT
At 12:55  27/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I know that if I ask javac to compile some files, and I include the source
>directory as part of the classpath then javac will automatically compile
>the imported classes as it encounters them.  It seems that ant's javac is
>not doing this.

hmmm - that so. I never knew that. In that case it may be possible to use
this hack by specifying classpath attribute in javac that includes
alternate source directories.

>I guess one solution is to include all classes with cyclic dependencies as
>a single target?  I am not sure how to specify multiple directories for a
>single javac task.

well you can't and that is a design choice. I have never had to specify
multiple source directories and am not sure it is needed thou if you could
describe a use case where it is needed it may be possible to alter javac
task. Ant makes a few assumptions about layout - namely that all source
comes from one directory and that they are all in their respective package
directories. So if you have the class in package com.biz.a then the src
directory layout should be

<srcdir>/com/biz/a/MyClass.java

>Am I totally off base?  Can anyone give me a kick in the right direction?

hope that helped

Cheers,

Pete