ant-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Nicolas Lalevée (JIRA) <>
Subject [jira] [Resolved] (IVYDE-272) IvyDE deletes entire project!
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2011 13:15:05 GMT


Nicolas Lalevée resolved IVYDE-272.

       Resolution: Fixed
    Fix Version/s: trunk
         Assignee: Nicolas Lalevée

Now the retrieve will fail is the resolved pattern is the root of the project.

> IvyDE deletes entire project!
> -----------------------------
>                 Key: IVYDE-272
>                 URL:
>             Project: IvyDE
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: workspace resolver
>    Affects Versions: 2.1.0
>         Environment: Eclipse Version: 3.6.1.r361_v20100909-9gF78GrkFqw7GrsZnvz0JWNTeb6fue6896L
Build id: M20100909-0800
> IvyDE Version
> Running on MacBook Pro running Mac OS X Leopard 10.6.5
>            Reporter: Kevin G
>            Assignee: Nicolas Lalevée
>            Priority: Critical
>             Fix For: trunk
> With the "Delete old retrieve artifacts" option active, the IvyDE extension deleted my
entire project directory!  The only thing in my workspace project folder is a list of jars
(resolved from my ivy file, which was deleted)!!!
> After looking into this further, I think this most likely happened because my retrieve
pattern did not contain /lib.  It was just:
> [artifact]-[revision].[ext]  (I may have had an ivy property on the front as in ${project.lib}/[artifact]-[revision].[ext])
> Still, this should never happen!
> Luckily, I had everything checked into version control but this could have been a disaster.
> -----------------------------------------------------
> Steps I took:
> I installed IvyDE about 15 minutes ago, via Eclipse Marketplace.  After eclipse restart
I right clicked on the project and chose Build Path > Add Libraries > IvyDE Managed
> On the main tab, I chose my ivy file from the workspace.
> On the settings tab, I enabled project specific settings and chose my settings file and
properties file from the workspace.
> On the retrieve tab, I enabled project specific settings, chose "do retrieve after resolve"
and set my retrieve pattern to the exact value of my ivy.retrieve.pattern variable which was
[artifact]-[revsion].[ext] (I may have had a property on the front like ${project.lib} which
is in my ivy properties file)
> On the advanced tab, I enabled project specific settings and set "order of the classpath
entries" to lexical
> I clicked FINISHED and it deleted my entire project!!!!!
> Leaving only the jars in it's place.
> ###
>  The person fixing this should verify that this does not happen when the retrieve pattern
contains an unknown variable such as:
> ${some.variable}/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]
> ###
> Also, if the artifact variable is going to result in the entire project being deleted,
at least a warning should be displayed. Perhaps red text at the bottom that displays:
> Warning: all files in the directory /full/path/to/directory/derived/from/retrieve/pattern
will be deleted.
> (where the full path to the retrieve location is derived based on the retrieve pattern)
> Lastly, I would recommend changing the default pattern for types from * to *.jar
> That one change, alone, would have prevented this from happening.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see:

View raw message