ant-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "subes (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (IVY-1176) Problem with resolve (ivy.deps.changed) and timestamp of ivy.xml of dependencies
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 16:41:01 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1176?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12973249#action_12973249
] 

subes commented on IVY-1176:
----------------------------

Ok, I've found a better way to remove this performance issue.

I just check the md5sums of my generated classpath files. If the file changed, the deps changed...
:)

> Problem with resolve (ivy.deps.changed) and timestamp of ivy.xml of dependencies
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: IVY-1176
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1176
>             Project: Ivy
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Core
>    Affects Versions: 2.1.0
>            Reporter: subes
>            Priority: Blocker
>
> Hi,
> I am having the same Issue as Jan Vissers on the mailing list:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-ivy-user/200803.mbox/%3C10985.145.53.56.90.1204817182.squirrel@webmail.xs4all.nl%3E
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-ivy-user/200803.mbox/%3C47D11E2A.1050704@cumquat.nl%3E
> The problem is, ivy.deps.changed does not get set to true if the timestamp of the dependencies
ivy.xml got updated.
> The call to resolve actually tells me that the new files got downloaded (because of the
updated timestamp), but ivy.deps.changed tells me that the artifacts did not change.
> [ivy:resolve] 	---------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ivy:resolve] 	|                  |            modules            ||   artifacts   |
> [ivy:resolve] 	|       conf       | number| search|dwnlded|evicted|| number|dwnlded|
> [ivy:resolve] 	---------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ivy:resolve] 	|      default     |   26  |   1   |   1   |   0   ||   26  |   1   |
> [ivy:resolve] 	|       tests      |   3   |   1   |   1   |   0   ||   3   |   1   |
> [ivy:resolve] 	|      sources     |   10  |   1   |   1   |   0   ||   10  |   1   |
> [ivy:resolve] 	---------------------------------------------------------------------
> --> ivy.deps.changed is "false"
> This behaviour makes ivy.deps.changed mostly useless for me to implement a lazy build
mechanism in a multi module project.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message