ant-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Stefan De Boey (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Updated: (IVY-1179) Packager resolver always extracts all files from archives even when the packaging instructions contains include tags
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:59:50 GMT


Stefan De Boey updated IVY-1179:

    Attachment: IVY-1179.patch

> Packager resolver always extracts all files from archives even when the packaging instructions
contains include tags
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: IVY-1179
>                 URL:
>             Project: Ivy
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Core
>    Affects Versions: 2.1.0, trunk
>            Reporter: Stefan De Boey
>            Assignee: Maarten Coene
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments:,, IVY-1179.patch,
> According to the documentation the packager resolver should unzip/untar only specific
files and folders (and not the complete archive) from downloaded resources in case the packager
module description specfies include tags. Let's assume we have a module testng (example is
taken from the examples in the Packager Resolver documentation) and we have a packager module
descriptor (the packaging instructions) packager.xml specifying the following resource:
> {code:xml}
> <resource dest="archive" url="${zipname}.zip" sha1="2ea19275dc17453306f8bb780fe6ef6e9af7756b">
>         <include name="${zipname}/*.jar"/>
> </resource>
> {code}
> this instructs the package resolver to download the resources from
and then extract the archive, but only all JAR files in the root of the archive.
> in this case only the JAR's in the ZIP file should be extracted from the resource, but
that's not the case. at first i didn't notice this, but i was creating the packaging instructions
for a project which is in a huge ZIP file and so i only wanted to extract the files that i
actually needed, but i noticed that the extraction took way to long.
> i then configured the packager resolver to preserve the build directories (where the
archive is extracted) for debugging purposes and i noticed that the complete archive was still
extracted although the packager.xml file contained the necessary 'include' tags to only inluce
3 JAR's.
> when using the preserveBuildDirectories switch on the packager resolver, it's also possible
to view the ANT build file packager-output.xml (this one is generated by the packager resolver
based on the packaging instructions). this build file is executed by the package resolver
to do the extraction process. this is the relevant part of the packager-output.xml file for
the above mentioded example for TestNG:
> {code:xml}
> <unzip src="${resdir.N65541}${file.separator}${filename.N65541}" dest="archive">
>     <fileset dir=".">
>         <include name="testng-2.5/*.jar"/>
>      </fileset>
> </unzip>
> {code}
> but this is incorrect and that's why the complete zip is still extracted. the 'fileset'
tag should be used to indicate a set of ZIP files that need to be extracted, not to indicate
which resources from the archive (specified in the 'src' attribute of the unzip tag) need
to be included when extracting. 'patternset' is what we need here instead of 'fileset'
> the actual problem is situated in the file src/java/org/apache/ivy/plugins/resolver/packager/packager.xsl
on line 420 (in the ivy core project).
> {code:xml}
> <xsl:when test="$type = 'zip' or $type = 'war' or $type = 'jar'">
>     <unzip src="{$file}" dest="{$dir}">
>         <xsl:if test="$includes">
>             <fileset dir=".">
>                 <xsl:copy-of select="$includes"/>
>             </fileset>
>         </xsl:if>
>     </unzip>
> </xsl:when>
> {code}
> should be:
> {code:xml}
> <xsl:when test="$type = 'zip' or $type = 'war' or $type = 'jar'">
>     <unzip src="{$file}" dest="{$dir}">
>         <xsl:if test="$includes">
>             <patternset>
>                 <xsl:copy-of select="$includes"/>
>             </patternset>
>         </xsl:if>
>     </unzip>
> </xsl:when>
> {code}
> the same needs to be done for the TAR part in the packages.xsl file.
> i already tried this fix and it works.
> if that's OK, i'll create a patch for this and provide the necessary unit tests to illustrate
the problem and the fix.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message