ant-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Carlton Brown (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (IVY-1001) ivy:buildlist is not ordering modules properly when module name is defined as ${ant.project.name}
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:09:18 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1001?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12790950#action_12790950
] 

Carlton Brown commented on IVY-1001:
------------------------------------

I am also having a problem.   However, in my case it is not due to Ant properties.   These
work fine.   My problem occurs when any of my ivy.xml files use a dependency revision of 'latest.milestone'.
  It returns the incorrect sequence.    if I use 'latest.integration' then it works fine.
   Very odd.

> ivy:buildlist is not ordering modules properly when module name is defined as ${ant.project.name}
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: IVY-1001
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1001
>             Project: Ivy
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 2.0-RC2
>         Environment: windows vista
>            Reporter: Pavel Savara
>         Attachments: projects.zip
>
>
> I have multimodule solution.
> I wanted to save myself from repeating module name on two places so I replaced name of
module in ivy.xml with ${ant.project.name}, which is related to build.xml in module.
>     <info 
>         organisation="net.sf.robocode"
>         module="${ant.project.name}"
>         status="integration"/>
> After such change, ivy:buildlist is giving wrong order of modules and no warning. 
> I will attach zip with example of such behavior.
> I have following dependencies:
> robocode.api<-robocode.core<-robocode.battle
> When you run any toplevel task which includes ivy:buildlist i.e. clean, you will get
following (alphabetical?) order
> robocode.api
> robocode.battle
> robocode.core
> Which is wrong, because  battle depends on core.
> If you visit robocode.core\ivy.xml and replace
>         module="${ant.project.name}"
> with
>         module="robocode.core"
> Everything is fixed and you get correct order.
> I spend 4 hours until I found what's wrong :-( 
> As well because it was my first serious attempt to use Ivy so I was no learning curve
same time.
> I think we need fix it if it is bug, or document that ant properties are not OK in Ivy
files and warn user if possible.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message