ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jaiki...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IVY-1577 - how to activate automatic usage of Maven profiles
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2018 13:24:02 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

On 24/10/18 9:27 PM, Sebastian Nagel wrote:

> Also you have to make sure that no other project using an older ivy version
> fills the cache before. What are your recommendations to make sure that
> the local ivy cache stays correct on the Apache Jenkins cluster where we
> have little control which builds run on which machine: use a project-specific
> cache or no cache at all? Or is there a way to get also the benefits from a
> shared cache?

Normally, using the shared cache should be fine since released
artifacts/metadata doesn't usually change so can be shared across
projects. However, for issues like the one you ran into, like you see,
it can cause odd problems. I would suggest using a (Nutch) project
specific cache location for you Jenkins jobs, so that the cache is
"known" and just shared by only your Nutch jobs and your jobs are in
much more control of them. Something like ~/.ivy2/nutch/cache/ as the
location.

-Jaikiran