ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse Ivy IDE Ant cachepath task problem
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2018 22:09:54 GMT
On 7/30/2018 12:17 AM, Rob Gordon wrote:
> I have a project (https://github.com/robjg/arooa) that builds fine with Ivy 2.4.0 but
doesn’t resolve the correct dependencies with the latest Ivy IDE download, which includes
Ivy 2.5.0-rc1.

> The problem appears to be that logback-classic resolves the slf4j-api test dependencies,
not those in the default configuration.

> If I use the retrieve task instead of the cachepath task the correct dependencies are
found.

> It seems related to this problem reported on stack overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51113989/why-is-logback-classic-not-downloading-slf4j-api-in-my-ivy-setup

I've been told that this is a bug in ivy 2.5.

See the IVYDE issue linked to that one for some comments where I
provided more detail:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-387

I found that if the ivy config in your project includes an explicit
dependency for an older version of the slf4j dependencies (1.7.24 or
earlier) then you can get it working.  Once the bug in ivy is fixed and
you can upgrade, you should be able to remove those explicit dependencies.

Thanks,
Shawn