ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Götz <s.go...@inform-technology.de>
Subject IVY with preemptive authentication
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2018 08:47:34 GMT
Hello to all.

I have been using IVY since 6 years now to manage our dependencies. By
now I run into an issue that our CI builds take longer and longer.
After investigating this I found that the ivy deliver ANT task first
uses unauthorized access to the target repository. After the server
rejects the request it makes a second attempt with the provided
credentials which succeeds. The problem now is that the deliver
artifacts are quite large (~1 GByte). So upon the first attempt the
artifact is uploaded and rejected and then again uploaded and accepted.
This takes a long time.

So my question is: is there any possibility to force preemptive
authentication or supply a http-header for any request to the repository
server?

Kind regards

Sebastian Götz