ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 2.3.0-rc1 of Apache IvyDE
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2018 16:42:55 GMT
Everything looks good apart from the bug Ross reported which I have been able to reproduce.
And it seems pretty consistent, not very random. And I see no error in Eclipse’s log.

I have been able to reproduce it with the Eclipse version:
Version: Neon.3 Release (4.6.3)
Build id: 20170314-1500

I am also using java 10, which is a bit tricky to make it run smoothly due to the modules
thing. Maybe it is related.

And the project I tried to build in Eclipse is the Ivy project, which is about just an ivy.xml
and a version.properties.

I know that the IvyDE code which is triggering the update of the classpath is tricky, it is
quite sensible, partly due to the non trivial Eclipse APIs. Maybe with the last « cleanup
» the resolve process has been messed up, and somehow it still work in the refresh case.

Since there is a work around (hitting refresh after resolve) and it is an RC, we could ship
it like that and fix it later. But due to the automatic update via the update site, I bet
most users will update even if it is an RC.
So I am not sure what I should vote.

So I vote -0 for me for now.

Nicolas

> Le 25 juin 2018 à 07:52, Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> I'm initiating a newer vote mail for 2.3.0-rc1 release of Apache IvyDE project. This
addresses the blocker issue that Nicolas identified, the last time a vote was initiated for
this version.

> The newly updated tag is here https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivyde.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.3.0-rc1
with sha1 3581a61ec159ede16005f36e58e5e258d32090fa

(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-354)