ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy nightly builds now available
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2017 11:43:08 GMT
More of a FYI - the Jenkins job meant to get you the latest snapshot of
master branch has been changed and you can now get these snapshots from
https://builds.apache.org/job/Ivy/lastSuccessfulBuild/

-Jaikiran

On 05/06/17 7:13 PM, J Pai wrote:
> Hello Ivy community,
>
> Some of you might have already heard that the Ivy project, which hasn’t seen a release
or development for a while, is being revived (more details in the ant-dev mailing list[1]
from the past few weeks). The plan is to have a usable releasable soon (no specific dates
at this point). In an effort to have a release done, we have identified some issues that were
reported in the Ivy JIRA [2] and have been fixing them since the past few weeks. The goal
is to fix some of the issues that are big enough or easy enough to fit in this release. So
far we have fixed a few.

> If you are a Ivy user and had reported any issue, please check the JIRA issue and see
if it has been marked as fixed. If not, please feel free to send a new mail in this Ivy user
list to bring it to the attention of the Ivy developers/contributors. If there are any issues,
you haven’t yet reported, but would like to report them, now is the time. You can create
a mail in this list first if you are unsure if it’s a bug or some usage problem, to discuss
about it. Although, there’s no guarantee that the issue you raise will be fixed in this
release, given some of the current state of the project, I’m sure some of us will definitely
try and address the issue to whatever level we can.

> An additional note - starting this week, thanks to Jan Matèrne, we now have a nightly
build Jenkins job which generates the nightly binary for latest upstream “master” branch
of Ivy. What this means is if you want to try out the latest fixes or latest state of Ivy
(the state that will eventually get released as we go along), you can get the binary from
our “latest successful” job of the nightly build which is here [3]. You can either pick
the .zip or .tar.gz binary depending on your choice and “install” it as would do with
a released version with Ivy. Please do give it a try and feel free to report any issues that
you might run into in this very Ivy user mailing list.

> A quick note on the requirements for the nightly builds and the upcoming release of Ivy
- we now require a minimum of Java 7 runtime, so please use it accordingly.