ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "hkaiserl@googlemail.com" <hkais...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IVY Clearcase integration
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 15:46:47 GMT
On 04.11.2015 14:41, Marc De Boeck wrote:

> Later on, we moved to Git and to Artifactory. We chose Artifactory above
> Nexus, because we found that Nexus was too much focused on the maven
> eco-system. I am not sure if this is still the case. On the other, hand the
> GUI of Nexus seems to be more intuitive. Anyway, I am quite happy with the
> features and versatility of Artifactory. Initially we used the free OSS
> version, but since last year, we purchased the Pro version.

Marc, can you tell me what was the decission against Nexus?
Because we decided against Artifactory since it was forcing us to switch
to commercial version if we do not want only a simple Maven Repository?

E.g. we use Nexus as Maven & Ivy Repo, along with NPM along with docker.
Right now we are waiting for the new feature to support also bower.

Also the maintenance of Nexus was easier on our tests (about 18 months ago).
Nexus was a simple unzip and a start of the shell script. It also was
pretty easy upgrading to new versions, since the repository and the
application was strictly separated.
So the setup took us 10 mins and the upgrade takes most time to create a
backup, before doing the upgrade which takes less than 5 mins.

Would be great if you could share your experiences.