ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "hkaiserl@googlemail.com" <hkais...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IVY Clearcase integration
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 09:52:17 GMT

Clearcase is in my eyes a *source* config management system. Jar files
are generated/compiled binaries from sources.
So no source repository - also not clearcase - would be a good solution
for managing binary configurations.

Instead I would stick to a maven repository like sonatype nexus for the
binaries. Ivy can handle any maven repository, also nexus. And your
ivy.xml is making for you the config management of the binaries. ivy.xml
itself is again managed by clearcase, so your config managment needs
should be matched fully.

If you still insist using clearcase - which I do not recommend - you can
handle the ivy:retrieve by providing your own resolvers in IVY
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/resolvers.html

I would spent my time better in setting up a nexus locally in the
enterprise, instead of investing into a non standard resolver solution
based on clearcase...