ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Dependencies and fallback configuration
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 16:14:57 GMT
Hello Arkady,

On Jun 18, 2015, at 10:29 AM, Shapkin Arkady <Arkady.Shapkin@infotecs.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve create configuration “build_sourceanalyzer” for my module (legacy_lib) that
should be resolved to sourceanalyzer and for transitive dependencies, but somehow ivy resolve
to conf="standard, sourceanalyzer(standard)(standard), sourceanalyzer, sourceanalyzer(standard)"
 for transitive decencies like base_lib.
> Legacy_lib, pki_asn and base_lib use same configurations and confmapping.
>
> Why ivy (2.4) resolve base_lib configuration to standard? Shouldn’t ivy fallback to
standard, only if base_lib doesn’t contain sourceanalyzer configuration?

That looks like a bug. I am not on top of all the bug reports in JIRA. It would be worth it
to make a search to see whether this has been reported. If this has been reported already,
I would like to know the JIRA issue id. If not then a new JIRA should be filed for that.

We seem to be short of active maintainers for ivy so patches/pull requests in Github would
be welcome too.

Regards,

Antoine

> Ivy.xml:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <ivy-module version="2.0" xmlns:e="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/extra">
>    <info module="legacy_lib" organisation="main" e:brand="${brand}" branch="${branch}"
revision="${version}"/>
>    <configurations defaultconfmapping="build_sourceanalyzer->sourceanalyzer(standard);%->@(standard)">
>        <conf name="build_windows" visibility="private"/>
>        <conf name="build_sourceanalyzer" visibility="private" />
>        <conf name="standard" />
>        <conf name="buildsrv" />
>        <conf name="linux" />
>        <conf name="sourceanalyzer"  />
>        <conf name="full" extends="*(public)" />
>    </configurations>
>
>    <publications>
>         …
>    </publications>
>
>    <dependencies>
>        <dependency org="main" name="pki_asn" branch="trunk" e:brand="DEFAULT_BRAND"
rev="1.6.+" /> <!—depend on base_lib with same confmapping -->