ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Regarding Apache Ivy Dependency Tree order
Date Mon, 18 May 2015 02:30:57 GMT
Hello Manjiri,

as far as I am aware ant is able to create the classpath attribute for a manifest file using
a manifestclasspath task.

I understand that the application that you are working on is depending upon a jar file which
packages an implementation of spring which you do not want to use.

Assuming this jar file is called badspring.jar here is what I would do

<manifestclasspath property=“myclasspath”>
    <classpath>
         <fileset dir=“lib”>
             <include name=“*.jar”/>
            <exclude name=“badspring.jar”/>
        </fileset>
       <pathelement location=“lib/badspring.jar”/>
   </classpath>
</manifestclasspath>

This way you make sure that lib/badspring.jar is at the end of the classpath element in the
manifest.

Another suggestion would be to repackage badspring.jar without the offending classes and store
that in your repository under a different org than the original.

Regards,

Antoine

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/manifestclasspath.html
On May 15, 2015, at 11:19 AM, Ahire, Manjiri <manjiri.ahire@blackrock.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand how Ivy when used in configuration with Ant, builds the dependency
tree / manifest.mf file at runtime?
> May be you can point me to documentation. I have been facing a spring version conflict
issue and tried to use override, force, conflict-manager stuff and it didn’t work for me.
(it works in Eclispe but not when I deploy)

> Also, just so you know the conflicting jar is not named as Spring , its some third party
jar in which those people have packaged the spring classes. Can’t get rid of it.

> Please let me know. Appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
> Manjiri.
>
> This message may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this message. See
http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/email-disclaimers for further information.
 Please refer to http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/privacy-policy for more
information about BlackRock’s Privacy Policy.