ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Zac Jacobson <pie....@gmail.com>
Subject chain resolver and checkmodified in the chained resolvers
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 21:33:09 GMT
Hi everyone;

We're working with Ivy 2.4.0. We have a chain resolver containing three
resolvers:

   - local - local dev's resolver
   - shared - in-house location of third-party libraries
   - release - release versions of locally-developed libraries

For a variety of reasons, we want the libraries found in the release
resolver to updated based on timestamps of the artifacts rather than just
the version.

<filesystem name="release" checkmodified="true" changingPattern=".*" >
> ... </filesystem>

But that isn't enough for Ivy to check file dates, we also need to set
checkmodified to be true in the chain resolver that contains this resolver.

<chain name="myCompany" returnFirst="true" checkmodified="true"
> changingPattern=".*">
>     <resolver ref="local"/>
>     <resolver ref="release"/>
>     <resolver ref="shared"/>

</chain>

But now the other resolvers (local and shared) also treat checkmodified as
true, even if I'm explicit about setting it to false:

> <filesystem name="shared" checkmodified="false"
> changingPattern=""> ... </filesystem>

Is there a way to only have one resolver under a chain to check file
timestamps?

Thanks for your insight, and Happy New Year
Zac