ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: ivy:retrieve with empty dependencies results in all files in target dir.
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 03:50:36 GMT
Hello Albert,

is it possible that you retrieve when building project B the dependencies of project A because
the fileset did not get overwritten ?

you might want to try to reproduce your problem on a small number of subprojects, for instance
2.

You can run ant with the -debug option, maybe you will understand better what is going on.

If you do not find, try sending in your email some gists of your build files and ivy files
and ivy settings files and then someone will figure that out.

Have a nice day,

Antoine

On Jan 13, 2015, at 10:07 PM, Albert Liu <aliu@centricsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm a new Ivy user, and so far, it's been way better than managing dependencies by hand.
>
> I've got a pile of subprojects that have individual build.xml and ivy.xml files, and
a Master build which runs each subproject build sequentially, and also defines ant targets.
> My current problem is that some of my subprojects don't have ivy dependencies.  However,
I run ivy:retrieve against them anyway, with an empty <dependencies> tag.

> I would expect that ivy would just build an empty fileset.  However, the fileset I get
back includes every dependency in the ivy cache.  How would I go about getting the expected
behavior?