ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mark Thornton <mthorn...@optrak.com>
Subject Re: IVY resolve and IVY publish very slow
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:59:06 GMT
If your dependencies are located in a number of repositories, it helps to
use module entries in your ivysettings file like this:

    <modules>
        <module organisation="com.optrak.*" resolver="${ivy.optrak}"/>
        <module organisation="org.unitsofmeasurement"
resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="javax.jnlp" resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="com.kcmultimedia" resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="com.jgoodies" resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="com.oroinc" resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="com.klg.jclass" resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="com.migcalendar" resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="org.checkthread" resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="net.textanywhere" resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="com.l2fprod.common" resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="org.jmat" resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="org.unitsofmeasurement"
resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="com.microsoft.jdbc" resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="com.sun.jnlp" resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="jsr166" resolver="thirdparty"/>
        <module organisation="org.restlet.jse" resolver="restlet"/>
        <module organisation="org.restlet.jee" resolver="restlet"/>
        <module organisation="org.geotools" resolver="osgeo"/>
        <module organisation="java3d" resolver="osgeo"/>
        <module organisation="jgridshift" resolver="osgeo"/>
        <module organisation="javax.media" resolver="osgeo"/>
        <module organisation="pentaho-library" resolver="pentaho"/>
        <module organisation="pentaho-reporting-engine" resolver="pentaho"/>
        <module resolver="central"/>
    </modules>

Nevertheless it is still slow. Gradle resolves the same set of dependencies
(with the same repositories) much more quickly.

Mark Thornton