ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Geißler, Daniel <daniel.geiss...@salt-solutions.de>
Subject ivy:report changes between Ivy 2.2.0 and 2.4.0-rc1
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 11:27:05 GMT
Hi,

today i was investigating the build times of different versions of our projects. What catched
my eye is that the older version of a pretty large multi module project has significantly
faster build times than the newer one. The older builds in 20 minutes while the newer takes
about 1 hour, this is not explainable by new code introduced.

What I found is that the ivy:report task takes extraordinary amounts of time. It was never
very fast but on some projects the report build time changed like this:

Ivy version

2.2.0

2.3.0-rc1

Diff

Module 1

ivy:report time

00:00:21

00:06:18

+1800%

html report file size

42.19 MB

867.92 MB

+2057%

graphml report

513.55 KB

573.38 KB

+11%

dot report

83.60 KB

94.11 KB

+12%

Module 2

ivy:report time

00:01:29

00:20:43

+1396%

html report file size

129.58 MB

2.18 GB

+1682%

graphml report

370.96 KB

457.42 KB

+23%

dot report

61.17 KB

75.73 KB

+23%

The call looks like this:

<ivy:report conf="${fetch.configurations},build"
            xml="true"
            dot="true"
            todir="${project.dir.build.ivy-reports}" />

We kept the reports building just in case something strange happens with the dependencies
and with Jenkins it never used to be a problem to wait some extra minutes, but with these
build times it s totaly over the top. Not to mention that I don't know any browser that can
display a html page of 2 GB in a reasonable amount of time.

Are there some new features I'd miss in the release notes or should I open a JIRA ticket for
this?

kind regards
Daniel

www.salt-solutions.de<http://www.salt-solutions.de>

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Bernhard Blüthner, Dieter Heyde, Markus Honold
Sitz: München, AG München, HRB 146081