ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Cuneo, Nicholas" <ncu...@tycoint.com>
Subject Transitive Dependencies Revisions Defaulting to Hostname
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 20:26:40 GMT
HI,

We're using ivy and ant for our dependency management.  When we build and run our projects
locally all is well.  When we try to run our ant targets from Jenkins we're getting a strange
error.  It seems there are some dependencies that aren't specifying the version of their dependency,
resulting in Ivy to default the revision to the hostname of the machine.

Here's an example from Jenkins console:

[ivy:resolve]          ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
[ivy:resolve]          ::          UNRESOLVED DEPENDENCIES         ::
[ivy:resolve]          ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
[ivy:resolve]          :: org.glassfish.hk2#hk2-locator;working@irvubu007: not found
[ivy:resolve]          :: javax.validation#validation-api;working@irvubu007: not found
[ivy:resolve]          :: org.hibernate#hibernate-validator;working@irvubu007: not found
[ivy:resolve]          ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
[ivy:resolve]
[ivy:resolve] :: USE VERBOSE OR DEBUG MESSAGE LEVEL FOR MORE DETAILS

We're running ivy 2.4, and using artifactory for a local cache of dependencies, but we  default
to maven2 repository for dependencies we can't find.  The project works fine locally but not
in Jenkins, which leads me to think there might be some Jenkins properties conflicting with
ant or ivy?  I've tried several things but can't seem to get anything to have any effect.

Any suggestions?

I can provide more information as requested.

Thanks,

Nick Cuneo  /  Software Engineer, Cloud  /  Enterprise Software
Tel: +1 949 517 4802  /  Mobile: +1 949 243 4952
3 Ada  /  Irvine, CA 92618  /  USA
ncuneo@tycoint.com  /  www.tyco.com
[cid:image003.png@01CFBE0C.B4AE71D0]

This email (including any attachments) may contain information that is private or business
confidential. If you received this email in error, please delete it from your system without
copying it and notify sender by reply email so that our records can be corrected

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees
named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified
that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained
in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.