ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Zac Jacobson <pie....@gmail.com>
Subject module-wide exclude
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:08:56 GMT
Hi everyone.

The module-wide exclude
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/ivyfile/exclude.html is
not working as I expect, maybe you can give me a suggestion?

I have an ivy.xml containing:

>     <configurations>
>         <conf name="runtime" />
>         <conf name="default" extends="runtime" />
>         <conf name="test" extends="default" />
>     </configurations>
>     <dependencies>
>         <dependency org="org.springframework" name="spring" rev="4.0.+"
> conf="test->test;*->web-servlet"/>
>         <!--Provided by tomcat.-->
>         <exclude org="javax.el" module="juel" conf="runtime"/>
>         <exclude org="javax.servlet" module="servletapi" conf="runtime" />
>     </dependencies>

There's actually a lot more dependencies than this, which is why I don't
want to add exclude lines for each dependency.

I'm expecting the dependency excludes to only affect the "runtime"
configuration I've listed, however the modules are excluded from all three
of my configurations.

Are the docs wrong? My interpretations of them? The implementation of Ivy?
I'm on 2.3 but I didn't see anything related in release notes for versions
since.

Thanks,
Zac