ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publishing into Nexus repository - metadata not updated
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 15:55:02 GMT
We don't use `<ivy:publish>` because it's not entirely Maven compatible.

We use `<ivy:makepom>` to build the pom, then use Jenkins' Promote Build Plugin to use
`mvn deploy` to push the artifact into the repository.

We actually build two poms: A pom-snapshot.xml and a pom.xml. After a good build, Jenkins
automatically uses pom-snapshot.xml to publish our jar into the Maven snapshot repository.
Later on, developers can "promote" a build manually to publish the jar using pom.xml to our
standard repository.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

perl -e 'print "Just another second rate Perl Hacker\n";'

On Feb 12, 2014, at 9:08 AM, gilloull@free.fr wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have a Maven project which has a dependency on an ANT project (different svn repositories).
>
> I usually package my Ant project, upload it manually into my Nexus repository and update
my pom with the new version number.
> This ANT project can have a lot (like 10) releases a day and doing this process manually
is a mess.

> I try to use Ivy for publishing this artifact into Nexus automatically and it works :)
>
> The only problem is that maven-metadata.xml file in Nexus is not updated by Ivy when
publishing my jar, so my Maven project does not take the lastest release version.

> Is there a way for Ivy to trigger an update of the maven-metadata.xml file into Nexus
? Or is my publish process wrong ?

> my publish target  :
>
> <ivy:publish resolver="nexus-deploy" revision="${artifact.version}" overwrite="false"
artifactspattern="${dist.dir}/[artifact](-[classifier]).[ext]" publishivy="true">