ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kirby.fi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: maven classifier on ant install task
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:05:01 GMT
The install task is for copying entire modules into a repository. You
typically don't do surgery on the artifacts, filtering by type or
classifier, at this point. Once it's in your repository, you use the
retrieve task to pull specific artifacts from dependencies.

Perhaps you can explain your use case a little more, and demonstrate
what you hope to accomplish with the install task.

   --Kirby

Sent from my mobile device

On Jan 28, 2014, at 1:30 PM, Andy Redhead <andy@far2gone.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for your reply and if I was using a dependency then I think this would be sufficient.
>
> What I really need is the equivalent for the install task.
>
> Cheers, Andy
>
> On 28 Jan 2014 14:44, David Weintraub <qazwart@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> There are a couple of things you need:
>>
>> * You need to add the following line to the top of your ivy.xml file:
>>
>> <ivy-module version="1.0"  xmlns:maven="http://maven.apache.org">
>>
>> Note the "xmlns" declaration. It doesn't matter where it points to (I like using
the URL of the project), you just need to declare the namespace.