ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From opatry <olivier.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject [request] Ivy standalone reference to ivysettings.xml from HTTP
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 08:41:42 GMT
Hi,

the standalone options of Ivy allows to refer the ivysettings.xml from a
file using the -settings option.
My question is: why can't we refer to a URL? (as in Ant)

Most of the time (AFAIK), the ivysettings.xml will be shared across a whole
company and an easy way to do so is to share it through a HTTP URL (near the
repository most probably).

As a bonus question, Why the Ant API doesn't allow the url attribute for any
kind of URL, not only HTTP. i.e. I can't use the task the same way for
FileSystem or HTTP depending on a property refering the ivysettings.xml:

<ivy:settings url="${ivysettings.xml}" />

Where ivysettings.xml property can be file://… or http://… .