ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From opatry <olivier.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Ivy cache doesn't handling extra attributes as expected
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 15:38:27 GMT
Hi,

I already found a similar question:
http://apache-ivy.996301.n3.nabble.com/quot-extra-quot-attributes-lost-when-dependencies-are-placed-into-cache-td3092.html

It's a pretty old question and has not so many answers (useful).

So to resume the issue:

let's say I have a first module defining 3 artifacts with the name/type/ext
but with an extra attribute named "os".

    <publications>
      <artifact type="lib" ext="zip" extra:os="windows" conf="windows"/>
      <artifact type="lib" ext="zip" extra:os="linux" conf="linux"/>
      <artifact type="lib" ext="zip" extra:os="mac" conf="mac"/>
      <artifact type="lib" ext="zip" extra:os="android" conf="android"/>
    </publications>

Now I have two modules that depend on this first one and express the
dependency to fetch only one of the published artifact (depending on the
targeted OS)

module 2:

      <dependency org="myteam" name="module1" rev="1.2.+">
      <artifact name="module1" type="lib" ext="zip" extra:os="ios" />

module 3:

      <dependency org="myteam" name="module1" rev="1.2.+">
      <artifact name="module1" type="lib" ext="zip" extra:os="android" />

The first resolve/retrieve gives me the expected publication, the ios one.
The second one tell me that everything goes fine and that
module1-lib-android.zip is available but in fact, it has been resolved with
the -ios.zip one.

When I look at the Ivy (2.3.0) cache on my system, the repository layout
doesn't reflect the [os] attribute (the resolver I use do so). So there is
only one zip available in cache.

The resolved XML files looks good to me (myteam-module2-ios-default.xml,
myteam-module3-android.xml) even if the attribute is transformed as
extra-os="" instead of the XML namespace notation extra:os=""

It sounds like a bug to me, but maybe I'm not using the extra attributes
properly?
This SO question seems encouraging but…
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2280578/how-does-ivypublish-use-the-classifier-attribute/2297379#2297379

I also have associated a conf to the publication (extra:os="android"
conf="android") of module1 and used them in module 2 and 3 (dependency…
conf="default->android") but nothing better here.