ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Riccardo Foschia <riccardo.fosc...@meta-level.de>
Subject (Useful for OSGi support): Exlude not inherited from parent module descriptor
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:00:36 GMT
Hi,

if I use a parent descriptor for my ivy.xml using <extends> inside
<info> tag the <exclude>s defined in the dependencies tag are completely
ignored. This seems not to be a bug because in the documentation of
<extends> (see
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/ivyfile/extends.html
) there is no value like "excludes" for attribute extendType.

Why is this so? Is there a workaround?

I have the following use case where it would be very important if the
<exclude> from the parent descriptor could be inherited:

When I develop OSGi bundles or Eclipse Plugins and want to use Ivy's
OSGi support I have to put in the ivy.xml a lot of excludes because of
the dependencies of bundles/plugins to the execution environment (see
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/osgi/osgi-mapping.html section
"Execution Environment"). Now my idea was to put all these excludes in a
parent descriptor of the module descriptor of my OSGi bundle/Eclipse plugin.

Example:

ivy-parent.xml (parent descriptor) contains

<ivy-module version="2.2" xmlns:o="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/osgi">
    <info organisation="meta-level" module="osgi-parent">
        <extends organisation="bundle"
module="de.metalevel.eclipse.mlbuild.ivyPDE"
          revision="1.0.0.qualifier"
          location="META-INF/MANIFEST.MF"/>
    </info>
    <dependencies>
        <!-- Ivy-Osgi doesn't understand bundle fragment -->
        <dependency org="bundle" name="org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86"
rev="3.+" conf="win32->default" />
        <exclude org="bundle" module="system.bundle"/>
        <exclude org="package" module="javax.crypto"/>
        <exclude org="package" module="javax.crypto.spec"/>
        <exclude org="package" module="javax.security.auth"/>
        <exclude org="package" module="javax.security.auth.callback"/>
        <exclude org="package" module="javax.security.auth.login"/>
        <exclude org="package" module="javax.security.auth.spi"/>
        <exclude org="package" module="org.w3c.dom.events"/>
     </dependencies>

ivy.xml (for OSGi bundle) contains

<ivy-module version="2.2" xmlns:o="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/osgi">
    <info organisation="bundle" module="mlbuild">
        <extends organisation="meta-level" module="osgi-parent"
          revision="latest.integration"
          location="ivy-parent.xml"/>
    </info>
</ivy-module>

Greetings,
Riccardo

--

META-LEVEL Software AG
Saarbrücker Str. 51

Rechtsform: Aktiengesellschaft
Sitz: Saarbrücken
HR B Nr. 13 380 Amtsgericht Saarbrücken
USt-IdNr. DE 1 38 166667
Vorstände: Dipl.-Inform. Peter Badt und Dipl.-Inform. Peter Raber
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:  Reinhard Kuhn