ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Christian Elsen <christian.el...@ect-telecoms.de>
Subject Bug with ivy:retrieve
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 08:43:56 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem with ivy:retrieve.
This dependency from my ivy-file
	<dependency org="com.google.gwt"  name="gwt-user" rev="2.4.0"/>
has a transitive dependency in the pom file
	http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.4.0/gwt-user-2.4.0.pom
to the
	validation-api

When executing
	ivy:retrieve
it only grabs the source
	validation-api-1.0.0.GA-sources.jar
as transitive dependency, but not the binary
	validation-api-1.0.0.GA.jar

If I directly add the transitive dependency into my ivy.xml like in
	<dependency org="javax.validation" name="validation-api" rev="1.0.0.GA">
	    <artifact name="validation-api" ivy:classifier="sources" />
	    <artifact name="validation-api" />
	</dependency>
(ivy namespace added to root as xmlns:ivy="antlib:org.apache.ivy.ant")
then I get the missing binary jar file. This can be a workaround for the problem

Still, as Ivy should resolve transitive dependencies, this seems like a bug to me.
Could be a similar issues as in
	http://issues.gradle.org/browse/GRADLE-1934 (and GRADLE-739)

Is any other solution or workaround known which does not required the project's ivy-file to
be changed?

kind regards,
Christian